Having completed this course the learner will be able to:
- Identify and marshal his or her personal communication and cognitive skills for use in the negotiation process
- Prepare themselves effectively for the negotiation process
This course overviews the key skills of negotiation as well as the structure of the negotiation process itself. The part that attitudes play in successful negotiation is also examined, enabling the learner to think about the appropriateness of their current attitudes. The importance of correct personal behaviour, such as body language, is considered and the learner is provided with practical guidance in this area.
Achieving the learning outcomes of this course represents an excellent foundation for skill development which, when combined with the other 2 courses in the series, will place the learner in a strong position to become a highly effective negotiator.
Negotiation is a difficult skill to master and, very often, managers believe they are able to negotiate successfully when this is not the case. The result of this misapprehension is a mixture of lost opportunity and spoilt relationships. By ensuring that all those people who need to negotiate are able to do so competently, the company will avoid these pitfalls.
- The key communication skills
- The three key elements of negotiation
- The win-win approach
- Negotiation behaviour
- Preparing for successful negotiation
- The key steps of the negotiation process
- Anyone required to negotiate a satisfactory outcome to a problem or proposal
View the course demo here-