If someone works in a business that involves the retail sale or supply of alcohol it will, whatever their role, be essential that they understand the consequences of alcohol consumption, how to handle those consequences and the legal aspects of licensing the sale and supply of alcohol.
This course aims to provide an introduction to all these areas of alcohol sales and licensing.
• Why the licensing of alcohol is necessary
• The key objectives of the Licensing Act 2003
• The role of licensing authorities in implementing the Licensing
• The roles of the personal licence holder and the Designated Premises Supervisor
• How alcohol affects the human body
• The responsibilities of workers in the licensed trade when serving alcohol in licensed premises
• How the law protects children from alcohol-related harm
• The rights of police and other authorities to enter and close licensed premises