The ability to delegate is one of the key competencies of an effective manager.
In this course, we’ll clarify the definition of delegation, so you’ll feel confident when describing it to the staff to whom you are delegating tasks.
We’ll consider the benefits of delegation to you, the delegate and your organisation.
We’ll also look at how delegation fits in as part of the personal development process, and look at its link with coaching.
- Define the term ‘delegation’
- List and describe the benefits of delegation to the manager, the delegate and the organisation
- Explain the link between delegation and coaching
- Describe the barriers to delegation and how to avoid them
- Describe the key elements of successful delegation and how to put them into practice
- Look at opportunities for delegation
- Describe the steps necessary to successfully manage the delegation process
- Any staff with a responsibility for coaching others
View the course demo here-