MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited
‘Managing Successful Programmes’ represents proven Best Practice programme management and is a framework for successfully delivering large scale, so called, transformational change through a dossier of related projects and related activities to make the change ‘stick’.
Whilst not being prescriptive it is very flexible and designed to be adapted to meet the needs of local circumstances. It provides an adaptable route to facilitating change and reaches its ultimate objectives by bringing together the key elements of governance themes, together with transformational flow processes, all underpinned by common sense principles to enable success.
The MSP® guidance benefits the organisation and the individual alike.
- Upon completion of the course, you will be a more effective member of a programme team, understanding how your role fits into the wider picture, and how you can help contribute more effectively to the realisation of strategically aligned benefits.
- By helping to correctly manage a programme your organisation can reduce the level of risk involved and protect your investment in change. The MSP® guidance provides you with the framework to effectively manage transformational change, ensuring it’s governance themes and processes are applied appropriately to suit your organisation’s circumstances.
- The MSP® Foundation e-learning is accredited fully prepares you for the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation examination.
The course is aimed at anyone who aims wants to achieve the MSP® Foundation level qualification.
- Newly appointed Programme Managers who may have a background in managing projects but have not previously operated in a transformational change environment
- Senior Managers who will ‘sponsor’ the change, or perhaps be held accountable for its success
- Operational Managers charged with embedding the change in their area
- Operational staff undertaking a role in the programme or related projects
- Programme office staff (PMO) wishing to build upon their project management knowledge
- Experienced Project Managers
- Those seeking a professional qualification in programme management.
- 12 months online access to the accredited MSP® Foundation course
- Full tutor support plus many additional materials to help put MSP® into practice
- MSP® Foundation mock exam revision tool
- MSP® Process Map
- Official “Managing Successful Programmes” manual
- MSP® Foundation exam - Valid for 12 months from purchase date exam can be taken online or at a location from our extensive schedule.
- Course objectives
- What is MSP®?
- The MSP® examination requirements
Introduction to Programme Management
- Changing vs Running the business
- Difference between programme & projects
- The programme environment
- Drivers for change
- Types of programme
- When to use a programme approach
Processes & Programme Management
- Sequence of processes in the programme lifecycle (‘transformational flow’)
- Key inputs and outputs of each process
- Purpose of each process aKey activities associated with each process
- Differences between leadership and management
- Typical programme organisation structures
- Key responsibilities and attributes of the key programme roles
- Functions of a programme office
Leadership & Stakeholder Engagement
- Stakeholder management vs Engagement
- Stakeholder analysis - Interests and influence
- Stakeholder engagement strategy
- Programme communications plan
Planning & Control
- Development of a programme plan and projects dossier
- Tranches vs Workstreams
- Dependency types and priorities
- Controlling projects and transition
- Resource management
- Monitoring and control strategy
The Business Case
- Programme mandate and the outline business case
- Business case in the transformational flow
- Elements of the business case
- Areas of focus of the key MSP® roles
- Importance to programme management
- The benefits management cycle
- Benefits identification and categorisation
- Benefit mapping and profiling
- Benefits management strategy and realisation plan
- Areas of focus
- Vision statement development
- Characteristics of a good vision statement
- Areas of focus
Blueprint Design & Delivery
- The POTI model aIntermediate and final future states
- Areas of focus
Risk & Issue Management
- Purpose of risk management strategy and issue management strategy
- Risk management cycle
- Programme and project level risk escalation
- Issue management cycle
- Configuration management
- Change control
- Areas of focus
Quality & Assurance Management
- Quality versus assurance
- Scope of programme quality
- Integrated assurance principles
- Assurance management techniques
Mock Exam Simulator
- Randomised MSP Foundation level exam questions
All MSP®Foundation Online courses on this page are offered by ILX Group an ATO of AXELOS Limited
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.